If you race and win a feature in a higher division or run more than 3 races in a higher division, you will not be allowed to return to this division.
1. 36” of 2” exhaust pipe from the end of the collector. Can be bent to clear bars and such but must be solid…NO HOLES… We will do random checks on this. Pipes MUST be in place if you go through tech after the race
2. BODY…Stock production body only. Hoods may be gutted. You may use the sheet metal for doors and body panels…MUST HAVE FACTORY BODY LINES…NO FLAT, SQUARE BODIES!!! MUST MAINTAIN STOCK APPEARANCE…THIS INCLUDES THE NOSE AND TAIL PIECE. Stock roof for car being raced, must be in stock location (no lowering). NO GRACE PERIOD ON THE PURE STREET RULES!! ANY CAR NOT LEGAL FOR PURE STREET MUST RUN OUTLAW STREET STOCK UNTIL CHANGES ARE MADE!!
All safety and general rules apply. Firewall may be altered for distributor clearance only if necessary. No engine set back or offset. No cut out holes in firewall. Any bars necessary to ensure rigid frame and radiator protection will be permitted behind the front and rear bumpers provided they do not extend past the body. Aftermarket nosepieces allowed. May use 22 or 24 gauge sheet metal deck, it must be open on driver side. Must have original factory front and rear firewall and floor pan. No cutting of fender wells except for tire clearance only. Front inner wheel well panels optional. Trunk lid may be gutted. Stop sign post material allowed between front and rear fenders on side of body to protect sheet metal and paint jobs. Front and rear firewalls must be in stock location. Stock unaltered floor pan required unless needs repairing due to excessive rust. Entire seat must be in front of rear edge of door. Minimum wheelbase is 99”. All cars must weigh a minimum of 3300lbs.
ENGINE OPTION 1:
No 400 cubic inch engines, dished or flat top pistons only. Must be GM in GM, Ford in Ford, etc. No crossbreeding of parts. No stroked or de-stroked engines allowed. Stock rods for cubic inch engine used. Stock production heads. Double hump heads allowed, VORTECS OK. All heads without casting numbers will be illegal. No porting, polishing or port matching allowed. Maximum intake valve 1.94, maximum exhaust valve 1.50. Maximum valve spring diameter 1.26”, no beehive springs allowed. Stock 2 or 4 barrel steel intake. We will be allowing the 3 aluminum intakes with these part numbers ONLY: Elderbrock part # 2116 or 2701, Action Plus/Wind Part #8120.
Screw in studs and guide plates allowed. No roller tip or roller rockers, no stud girdles allowed, no roller lifters, no roller cams or ceramic lifters. Cam lift at 450 Max. No carburetor spacers, adapters only.
Holley 4412 carburetor unaltered. Choke flap can be removed. No after market distributor, stock distributor ignition only points or HEI, may run high output coil but no ignition box. Street style headers allowed with 1 5/8” primary tubes. Aluminum pulleys allowed on crank and water pump only.
ENGINE OPTION 2:
Chevy 602 sealed crate motor. Must run stock 4412 Holley carburetor with a 1” max thickness adapter only. There will be NO weight break for this option.
CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION:
Single disc clutch only 10 ½” minimum, no aluminum flywheel. Stock type flywheel to weigh no less than 14lbs, stock type pressure plate no less than 13lbs. Stock disc type clutch and flywheel required. Stock torque converter (13”) required with automatic transmissions Transmission may have shift kit installed. ¼” steel plate surrounding stock bell housing or blow proof bell housing required. No racing clutches.
Stock frame for car body used. Uni-bodies MUST connect front and rear with tubing or use roll cage to strengthen frame, provided they do no extend past the body.
Must be stock as produced by the manufacturer. Shocks must be in stock location using stock mounts. No screw jacks. Racing springs and racing shocks allowed. Steel shocks only. $300 shock claim on all four shocks. In order to claim you must have finished on lead lap and claim must be made to the tech man with cash in hand within 10 minutes of checkered flag. Only stock proportioning valves are permitted. After market brake pedals allowed. Quick disconnect steering wheel and quick steer ok. All other steering components must be stock. No threaded adjustable buckets allowed. Aftermarket upper A-arms can be run in stock mounted location.
Stock as produced by the manufacturer, except rear end housing may be replaced with an 5 or 6 lug rear end. Ford 8” or 9” rear end ok (GM included). Floater rear ends allowed. Stock suspension must be retained. Shocks must be in stock location. No add on traction devices or modifications. Adjustable shackles and racing springs allowed, no sliders. No adjustable lowering blocks, aluminum lowering blocks ok. No heim joints allowed. Aftermarket bushings will be allowed. Rear end may be locked. May use production disc brakes. No threaded adjustable buckets allowed. Lower trailing arms must be stock and mounted in stock location as produced from factory. Lower trailing arm mounts must be mounted equal length on both sides from the bottom of the rear end housing to the center of the bolt hole +/- ¼” and will not vary more than ½” from stock. Aftermarket rubber or steel trailing arm bushings allowed.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
8” steel wheels. 15x8 maximum wheel size. Bead lock allowed on right rear only. DOT approved passenger street radial tires. DOT tires cannot be wider than 60 series. No mud grip tires. We will allow the H500 and any G60 tire as well as 8” asphalt pull offs and A40s. 8" towel city recaps allowed. Tires can be grooved.
Anything not specified will revert back to stock.
WEIGHT: Miniumum weight of 2750lbs.
1. Stock appearing body, noses and tail peice only. May use sheet metal or aluminum. No late model down force noses allowed. MUST MAINTAIN FACTORY APPEARANCE FOR CAR BEING CLAIMED.
2. Aftermarket nose piece allowed. For example go to performance bodies and look at their ABC noses.
3. Firewall may be altered for distributor clearance, if necessary.
4. No engine set back or offset. #1 spark plug must be even with upper ball joint +/- 1”. No cut out holes in firewall.
5. Metal dash allowed.
6. Air breather hole allowed in hood.
7. Any bars necessary to insure rigid frame and radiator protection will be permitted behind front and rear bumpers.
8. 100 inch wheelbase minimum.
9. Trunk lid may be gutte
10. Sheet metal or aluminum doors allowed 22 or 24 gauge only and must have stock body-lines.
11. Stop sign post material allowed between front and rear fenders on side of body to protect sheet metal and paint jobs.
12. Front and rear firewalls.
13. Rear spoiler is 12 inches.
14. Floor pan under driver.
15. Front fender wells and hood lining may be removed. Doors may be gutted.
16. The drivers seat must be in front of the leading edge of the door. The door must be in the stock location.
17. All general and safety rules apply.
18. Helmet must be able to pass between roll cage and deck to allow driver to be able to exit from either side of car in an emergency.
1. Stock frame for car body used. May interchange makes and models on frames and bodies. Example: chevy body on ford frame, ford body on chevy frame, etc.
2. Uni-bodies must connect front and rear with tubing and may use roll cage to strengthen frame.
3. May run stock front clip cars as long as you comply with all suspension rules.
1. No electrical fuel pumps allowed.
2. Fuel cells required.
3. Fuel will be gasoline or alcohol and no additives. No octane boosters.
4. Fuel cells may be relocated for safety.
1. Racing type seats required.
2. The seat must be securely fastened.
3. Quick release belt no less than 3” wide is mandatory.
4. Shoulder harness mandatory. This harness must be mounted in at least 5 points below drivers shoulders.
5. Both ends of the belt must be securely fastened to roll cage with quality bolts no less than 3/8” in diameter.
6. Belts shall come from behind the driver.
1. May run any pistons.
2. No crossbreeding of parts.
3. Any steel rod.
4. Distributor and ignition system shall be stock or MSD 6AL AND MSD DISTRIBUTOR ARE ALLOWED.
5. Street style headers or over the rail headers ok. Any cast or aluminum 2-barrel or 4-barrel intake.
6. May run any cam.
7. Any rocker arm allowed.
8. May run any 4 or 2-barrel gas or alcohol carb.
9. Aftermarket steel heads allowed. Angle plug heads allowed. Screw in studs and guide plates are allowed on any street stock head. May run no more than a 23 degree head on Chevrolet and a 20 degree head on Ford.
10. Aluminum heads can run with 50lbs in front of motor plate.
11. 604 crate motors allowed with no weight penalty.
CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE TRAIN:
1. Transmission shall be stock manual or automatic. Transmission must have a working reverse gear. Bert, Brinn and Falcon transmissions are allowed.
2. Any working clutch.
3. All cars must have a working starter.
4. Rear ends may be locked by welding spider gears.
5. All transmissions must be able to go into forward and reverse gear while motor is running.
6. Manual transmission cars shall have a explosion proof bell housing or the transmission tunnel shall be lined with conveyor belt material, minimum 3/8” and 18” wide. This material shall be on the under side of transmission tunnel.
1. Must be in stock location as produced by manufacturer.
2. $500 shock claim on all four shocks. In order to claim you must have finished on the lead lap and claim must be made to the tech man with cash in hand within 10 minutes of the checkered flag.
3. Right front upper control arm may be reinforced for safety. AFTER MARKET UPPER CONTROL ARMS ALLOWED, LOWERS MUST REMAIN STOCK.
4. Three wheel brakes allowed, brake bias optional.
5. Springs must be stock type minimum 5” diameter. Racing springs allowed.
6. Four wheel weight jacks allowed.
7. Quick steer ok.
1. Stock as produced by manufacturer, except rear end housing may be replaced with any 5 or 6 lug rear end. Quick change allowed as of 2016.
2. Stock suspension and frame must be retained.
3. Shocks must be in stock location. Steel shocks only. No add on traction devices or modifications of any kind.
4. Adjustable shackles and racing springs allowed. May use Ford 8” or 9” rear end (GM cars included). Coil spring cars are allowed to run adjustable buckets.
5. Rear end may be locked.
6. May use disc brakes.
7. Floating axles ok, axle retainers ok.
8. Three link suspension allowed. Must be solid upper bar. No rubber biscuits or springs.
9. 5" springs must be mounted on top of rear end axel tube on all coil spring cars.
10. Cannot run coil springs and leaf springs together.
11. No coil overs or coil over eliminators.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
ANY WHEEL. ANY TIRE AS LONG AS IT PUNCHES 40 OR HARDER. WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!! Tires can be grooved.
HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY ROAD WARRIORS
HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY ROAD WARRIORS RULES
*ALL TRACK SAFETY EQUIPMENT MUST BE WORN: FIRESUIT, HELMET, NECK BRACE, GLOVES AND SEATBELTS. MUST HAVE FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
*ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM.
*NO ENTRY FEES BUT MUST HAVE PIT PASS.
*CAR MUST BE A TWO OR FOUR DOOR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE COMPACT CAR. (EXAMPLE: HONDA ACCORD, NISSAN ALTIMA, TOYOTA CAMRY, ETC.)
**EVERYTHING MUST BE STOCK!
*STOCK MOTOR 4 CYLINDER OR 6 CYLINDER.
*STOCK WHEELS, STEEL OR ALUMINIUM.
*NO OVERSIZED TIRES, ONLY TIRES THAT WOULD BE ORIGINAL TO CAR BEING RUN. ALL 4 TIRES MUST BE THE SAME SIZE.
*WINDOWS MUST BE REMOVED AS WELL AS ALL GLASS INCLUDING HEADLIGHTS, TAIL LIGHTS.
*DO NOT TAKE THE DASH OUT BUT REMOVE ANYTHING THAT COULD BE A FIRE HAZARD EXCEPT THE DRIVERS SEAT
*NO CUTTING OF ANY STRUCTURE PARTS OF THE CAR.
*NO ALTERCATIONS OF ANY KIND.
*MAY REMOVE MUFFLER ONLY.
*DOORS MUST BE WELDED SHUT
*IF SHOCKS ARE WORE OUT YOU MAY REPLACE THEM WITH PARTS FROM AUTOZONE, O’REILEY’S, NAPA, ETC. NO RACING PARTS.
*THESE CARS ARE BUILT FROM THE FACTORY WITH A BUILT IN SAFETY CELL TO HELP IN CASE OF ROLLOVER OR SIDE IMPACT AND DESIGNED TO COLLAPSE ON IMPACT. SO NO ROLL CAGE IS NECESSARY.
*MUST HAVE NUMBER ON BOTH SIDES OF CAR AND ROOF.
*BODY WRAPS NOT NECESSARY TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER, WE WANT YOU TO KEEP THE COST DOWN. GET A PAINT BRUSH AND YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND START PAINTING AND HAVE FUN GETTING IT READY TO GO RACING. NO PROFANITY ON CARS.
*STEREO IS OPTIONAL AND MAY BE NECESSARY TO ENSURE A FUN AND HAPPY EXPERIENCE.
**ANYTHING NOT MENTIONED IN ABOVE RULES MUST REMAIN STOCK.**
*IF YOU ASK, “CAN I DO THIS?” IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR CAR FASTER…THEN THIS IS NOT THE CLASS FOR YOU.
*THE ROAD WARRIORS WILL HAVE TWO RACES PER NIGHT. NO PRACTICE LAPS. THE FIRST RACE YOU WILL START HOW YOU COME THROUGH THE GATE. THE SECOND RACE YOU WILL START HOW YOU FINISH THE FIRST RACE BUT WITH A FULL FIELD INVERT
*ALL CARS WILL START THE RACE FROM A STATIONARY/STOPPED POSITION AT THE FLAGSTAND. THE RACE FANS WILL COUNT THEM DOWN TO THE GREEN: 5, 4, 3, 2,1, GREEN FLAG. THERE WILL BE NO CAUTION FLAGS, ONLY A RED FLAG IN CASE OF ROLLOVER OR BLOCKED TRACK. IF YOU SPIN OUT OR GET SPUN OUT…STILL NO CAUTION.
*THIS CLASS IS FOR ANYONE WANTING TO ENJOY RACING FOR THE PURE FUN OF IT. NO CASH PAYOUT. TROPHIES AND PRIZES ONLY.
*LAPS WILL BE DETERMINED BY CAR COUNT BUT AT LEAST 10 LAPS.
*ALSO YOU MAY BE GOING AROUND THE TRACK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS SO NO NEED IN TRYING TO CHANGE THE SETUP OF RACE CAR.
*NO TRAILERS NECESSARY. YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR ROAD WARRIOR AT HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY FROM WEEK TO WEEK. BUT ONLY YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE. HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LIABILITY.
*THIS CLASS IS FOR ANYONE READY TO ENJOY RACING, FROM THE NEW PEOPLE JUST GETTING STARTED TO THE ONES THAT JUST GOT TIRED OF SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY.
COME ON OUT AND GET YOUR “ROAD WARRIOR” READY AND BE PART OF THIS FANTASTIC GROUP AT HATTIESBURG SPEEDWAY.
PLEASE REFER TO THE UMP WEBSITE FOR THE UPDATED 2015 RULES AND RULE CHANGES
DURRENCE LAYNE STREET STOCKS
DURRENCE LAYNE CRATES
PLEASE REFER TO THE DURRENCE LAYNE WEBSITE FOR THE UPDATED RULES
We will be running under the UMP rules with the exception of a 5" spoiler and running G60 tires. Grooving tires is allowed.